Enter your keyword/s below to search :
TFF Mailing List
Join the TFF mailing list today and we will email you with latest offers, news items and more.
Source: Sims Tropical Fish
Stunning: Red Sea Reefer XXXL - 900
18 November 2020
Red Sea’s REEFER series of Reef Systems provide advanced hobbyists with a solid foundation for building a fully featured reef or marine aquarium. The REEFER series combines a contemporary, rimless, ultra-clear glass aquarium with a stylish cabinet and a comprehensive water management system including a professional refugium ready sump with integrated automatic top-up and Red Sea’s unique silent down-flow system. The REEFER series is designed for ease of operation while enabling the advanced hobbyist to install an unlimited choice of lighting, filtration, circulation and controllers to create a uniquely customized system.
The REEFER 3XL 900 allows you to take reefscaping to another dimension. The 3XL 900 is 65cm (25.6") high & wide, and 200cm (79") long with a 900 liter (240 gal) capacity. This unit introduces an enlarged overflow box with dual side-facing return pump outlets that provides ideal water circulation in the tanks with flows of up to 10,000 lph/2600gph.
A unique feature of the 3XL 900 is a split sump system that provides unsurpassed flexibility. The main sump is set for the main filtration functions with an optional refugium chamber and a dedicated adjustable height skimmer chamber. The sump extension (60 liters/16 gal) can be connected to the main sump and used for additional filtration, as a larger refugium, or even as a dedicated frag tank. Alternatively, it can be set up as an independent unit and used as a full-size (83 liters/22 gal) RO reservoir or saltwater reservoir for automated water changes.
Features of the Red Sea REEFER include:
- Rimless, ultra-clear, beveled edge glass aquarium
- Elegant marine-spec cabinet
- Professional refugium ready sump with adjustable height skimmer chamber. *
- Micron filter bags and filter cups. *
- Silent, regulated down-flow system with emergency overflow
- Integrated automatic top-up system with reservoir
- Assembly-ready piping – no gluing required
REEFER aquariums are constructed from thick, beveled-edge, ultra-clear glass to support their elegant and modern rimless design.
The aquarium sits on a recessed base that “floats” it above the cabinet, which seamlessly follows the contour of the glass.
The marine-spec laminated cabinet that houses the sump, (and in the larger models also includes a dedicated, vented space for chillers) is smartly finished with weatherproof, epoxy-painted doors.
REEFER Water Management System
Removable surface-skimming combs surround the top of the centrally located overflow box that houses the downpipe, sump return pipe and the discreet multi-directional “eyeball” return outlet nozzle. In the event of a blockage in the regulated downpipe, an additional emergency overflow pipe provides an unrestricted free flow of aquarium water directly to the sump. On entering the sump the water passes through micron filters and/or filter cups with your choice of media before flowing into the optional refugium and onto the skimmer chamber with an adjustable height outlet, making it suitable for all skimmers and other reactors.
In order to remove any air bubbles that may have escaped from the skimmer, the water passes through a bubble-stripping cascade on its way to the return pump chamber. To ensure a constant water level in the pump comparent, all REEFER sumps include an integrated automatic freshwater top-up unit, guaranteeing a constant, stable water flow throughout the complete system.Supplied as a complete self-assembly kit, all pipe work is ready without the need for any gluing.
- Adjustable Height Skimmer Chamber
- Dual side-facing return pump outlets
- Split sump system
- Refugium Ready
- 225 micron Thin-mesh Filter Bag 2
- Filter Media Cup 2
- Quick Release cabinet door hinges
- Heavy Duty levelable Plywood Cabinet
- Ultra clear front glass thickness (mm) - 19mm
- Enlarged in surface skimmer
- Integrated automatic top up system
- Display tank water volume: 720L
- In cabinet sump water volume: 180L
- Total system water volume: 900L
- Display tank length: 200cm
- Display tank height: 65cm
- Display tank width: 65cm
- Total system height with cabinet: 153cm
- Water height 21-27cm
- Skimmer chamber without Refugium wall: 45 x 51cm
- Skimmer chamber with Refugium wall: 45 x 28cm
- Pump chamber: 33 x 28cm
- Extension sump: 51 x 42cm
- Recommended flow (lph) (pump not included): 10,000
- 3/4” threaded hose barb – Pipe Int. Dia 25mm
To browse a range of aquariums, CLICK HERE.
'Sims Tropical Dry Goods' has been created to drive ALL PROFITS into the conservation of all aquatic animals RESCUED in the UK. Support this wonderful cause by using Sims Tropical Dry Goods for your aquatic requirements! To learn more, click here :-)